Help! I am having trouble breathing... 5 weeks preggers!!!!

I am haveing such a hard time breathing it is ridiculous! This is my second pregnancy and the same thing happened with my first but not this soon. Is this normal? Any thoughts?

wifey26

Asked by wifey26 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The same things happened to me from the moment I was pregnant. It just feels like you can never catch your breath. My OB explained that you are actually breathing more than before to get enough oxygen to the baby so it feels like you can't breath, but you are actually breathing more. He says that only a small percent of pregnant women are sensitive enough to it to notice, but that it's completely normal.

What has helped me are exercises that use a lot of breathing, like pilates and yoga, and I also do the breathing exercises in the Hypnobirthing book. Both have improved the control of my breathing so I don't feel like I'm suffocating!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM. YOU NEVER FOOL AROUND WHEN HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• BABY NEEDS OXYGIN TO LIVE- GO TO THE ER- I NEVER HAD TROUBLE BREATHING UNTIL AFTER 34 WEEKS!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Sorry, I forgot to mention that my doc already sent me to my family doc and they have told me that it is my astma acting up again! But I dont know what to do to help this problem besides breathing treatments!!!!
    wifey26

Answer by wifey26 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2009