Have you ever had a child that passed away?

If so how old were they and what happened? I almost lost my child but luckily he made it through.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had a miscarriage but have never lost a child that was already born. I don't think I could handle that.
    Anonymous

• my husband lost a daughter, she was born at 24 weeks and her lungs weren't fully developed. beautiful little fighter but she died 13 days later :[
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:50 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I didn't but my mom's friend lost her daughter about 3 months after birth. She was born when mom was 5 months along, fought for 3 months, was expected to make it and died while having surgery to fix her bowels.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My middle son was born with a congential heart defect. He never came home from the hospital. He lived 9 days. It is a pain that never goes away. May 17th remains a very difficult day for me. He would have been 24 this year.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I didnt but i had a sister that died from sids when she was 2 weeks old.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I lost my 16 year old daughter almost 19 months ago in a housefire she is my only daughter I also have 4 sons It is a pain that never goes away unless u have been thru it u have no idea and I don't wish it on anyone.I miss her every second of everyday!!!!!!!
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Such horrible, sad stories ladies. My heart goes out to each of you. My neighbors six month old son died a year ago. He was born premature and after six weeks was allowed to come home. He died from complications of being premature. They are forever changed and always in pain. Its the worst thing on Earth.
    Anonymous

• So sorry to those of you who've suffered such incredible losses. : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:35 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I haven't but a friend of ours recently (in May) lost an 11 year old son to leukemia. I think one of the hardest parts about it was that they thought he was doing fine. They went in for a routine check up 9 months after his bone marrow transplant. They were expecting to start weaning him off medications and instead found out the leukemia was back and much stronger than before. I think he only lived a month or two longer, although I don't remember the exact timing. It was shocking how fast he deteriorated though. :(
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my thoughts & prayers are with everyone who lost a child, there was a 7 week old baby who lost his life to sids a couple months ago here in my home town and my heart just broke for him and his family. there's nothing more sad than a child who loses their life, i dont think i would find the strength and courage to go on if i lost any of my children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2009