Probably a dumb question, but here it is!

Ok, so im trying to wait till this weekend to take a HPT, but lately ive been getting up in the middle of the night to pee, so im wondering... i know they say its best to use your first urine of the morning, but how does that work if your getting up at 3am to pee, lol. so do i check it then at 3, or will it be strong enough by like 7? i know it sounds dumb but i was jsut wondering, thanks!

23wkrmommy

Asked by 23wkrmommy at 10:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you limit how much you drink in the evenings you should be fine even if you get up in the middle of the night. ALso HPT's are so sensitive now-a-days, you can test in the middle of the day if you've limited your beverage consumption.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I'd check it at 3 but if I forget I could still check it later.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I dont think it matters much. I know some tests say that "first morning urine" is the best, but I ALWAYS used the cheap-o Dollar Tree tests.... and found out just as quickly as I would have with ept or any of the other tests... and it didnt matter if I used first morning urine or not. Good luck!
    Happilyevafter

Answer by Happilyevafter at 11:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• it's not a dumb question you want to know for sure so take it at 7am in the morning even if you
    are getting up thru the night to pee. i am ready to test myself i did yesterday an it was neg. so good luck an baby dust to you.
    sexylady35

Answer by sexylady35 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• thanks so much guys, lol i know its such a DUH question, i jsut thought of it and wondered, lol thanks so much!
    23wkrmommy

Answer by 23wkrmommy at 12:08 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yea it should work as long as you've had your urine in your bladder for atleast 3 hours also drinking alot of fluids may effect it too. Good luck hun I hope it all works out great!
    Emo_mommy

Answer by Emo_mommy at 4:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2009