This worries me :/

When I sleep at night(on my back) I feel a lump on my upper right side. It doesnt hurt but its annoying enough for me to change positions. Im also almost 18 weeks pregnant. I can kind of feel it when Im sitting but not when Im standing. Is it my liver? or is it a pregnancy symptom? Everything I've read about livers said it would be tender, but mine isnt at all. Any idea what this is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Health

• Could be a swollen gland but you should definately mention it to you Doctor.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 11:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• they can ultra sound your liver you know,,,, your gal bladder sits under your liver on the right toward the center too...

have an MD do a physical exam run some blood work and get an ultrasound to check it out.... if they decide it is suspicious MRI's are safe after 30 weeks pregnant... there is NO radiation in an MRI it simply uses a magnet to make your DNA stand up ... what ever you do DO NOT LET THEM convince you that a cat scan is safe CAUSE IT IS NOT
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• You are too far along in your pregnancy to still sleep on your back. This can cause a whole range of medical issues, including death.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2009