I don't know what to think.

I'm 18 years old and 30 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. When I got together with my boyfriend, I was a virgin. I hadn't done ANYTHING with ANYONE before him. A year and a half ago I was diagnosed with herpes. I stayed with my boyfriend (maybe that was a mistake but I didn't know what to do, I was so messed up). I have never had an outbreak since my diagnosis. Never had anything remotely similar to that of herpes. I decided to retest next week for the sake of myself, my child and just knowing for sure. Well, today my boyfriend was experiencing some pain down there and he has two small red bumps, while they could be another type of infection...I'm doubtful because of the previous diagnosis. I really freaked out on him when I found out a year and half ago and he swears he doesn't know who he contracted it. He had only slept with one person before me and used a condom...I just don't

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• CONT. know though...I mean he seems like he's being genuine when he says he hasn't do anything else. He says he was only with the one girl and that they used a condom. He swears on his life that this is the truth and I really want to believe him. But I just can't figure out how he could have gotten it then...and I just need to know to have peace of mind. The only thing that comes close to an explanation is that his mother has herpes and he was born in a 3rd world country....so he could have gotten it at birth? I don't know if that's possible but that's the only thing that makes any sense. I just don't know what to do or think.
    Anonymous

• done*
    Anonymous

• Be gentle with yourself. You're dealing with a lot. And truth is, the herpes will just be something you rarely think about once some time passes. Many people have it. Your boyfriend is probably one of them and guys, being less mature than we are at that age (and older, sad to say) are loathe to admit they did anything wrong. Set him aside for a bit and concentrate on you. Try to keep your stress down (easier said than done, I know); and foster/nuture precious relationships with family and good friends because they'll be most helpful when the baby arrives, whether or not your boyfriend steps up and stands by you. I sense you're overwhelmed, understandably so. Just know that we all make mistakes. ALL OF US. We're human - and it's part of life. It doesn't make you bad or irresponsible. It makes you human, just like the rest of us.
    You'll be just fine. Give it time and give yourself a break. Hugs my friend.
    Anonymous

• I completely agree with anons answer from above... congrats honey!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2009