Do you call the police.........

when you see an infant or child NOT in their carseat? I do! This is why. It makes me so angry.

LYNDEN, Wash. -- The Washington State Patrol says a 3-month-old baby held in his mother's lap as she rode in an SUV was killed when the vehicle crossed the center line and collided head-on with a semi-truck near Lynden.
The 25-year-old mother from Sumas was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with internal injuries after the crash late Tuesday night on Highway 546.

"The child was wrapped up in the mother's arms, not in a child seat," said Washington State Patrol Trooper Keith Leary. "There was a child seat in the vehicle, in the back. It wasn't attached to anything, just kind of laying back there not being used."

The truck driver was not injured.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG! poor baby and I'm sure the mom feels like crap for it. My ex-husband used to do this when he would take our son with him to run an errand. It took me to finally cry until he understood WTH I was saying to him. I have never witnessed it and I'm not sure I would call the cops because I live in L.A. and they would probably tell me they've got better things to do.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The man who was driving the SUV ran off and remains at large. Leary said a search by two Border Patrol helicopters and a Whatcom County sheriff's dog failed to find him. Leary said the woman speaks an unfamiliar dialect of Spanish, which made it hard to communicate with her. Troopers found empty beer bottles in the SUV. "If the child seat was used, chances are this child may have survived," Leary said.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/51397777.html

Anonymous

• yes
    Anonymous

• No, but I havent seen anyone NOT in a carseat since I was a teenager. Then all I thought was stupid parent for holding their child on their lap and I hoped the cops saw them and pulled them over.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have. I worked as a manager of a fast food restaurant during college, and would sometimes have to fill in on drive through if we were short. I saw a few people with babies not in car seats, and I wrote down the license of each and every one. It infuriates me that someone would risk a child's life over something so stupid as no car seat. Where are their brains? Or are they seriously just that lazy?
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I work drive thru at starbucks and ALWAYS call the cops. Last instance the douchebag poor excuse for a mom had two babies both in nothing but diapers, in their car seats but not buckled in. One of them was about 6-8 months old, facing forward and leaning forward with NO straps.
    I called it in and the lady who answered the call was just as pissed as I was.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yes actually I DO! For this reason exactly!!!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 6:57 AM on Jul. 23, 2009