What do you do in this case?

Me and my husband have been discussing separating for a while. Well Sunday after a huge and final blowup at his friends house, I was a thread away from calling it quits. His friends even tried to tell him that he needs to try to save his marriage. He said he is not even going to try. I have been trying for 8 months now. Also he said that the reason he is not connected to me anymore is that because after I had my son I got FAT. I can't really help that due to medical conditions. But if he is not even willing to at all should I really try. I really want to save it but he doesn't. I need some advise. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh girl. I am so sorry. It is never a pleasant situation. It might not be a bad idea to have a seperation. You could even just take a few days and give you both time to think and clear your heads and then sit down and have a conversation about things. I hope everything turns out alright.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• fireproof the dvd
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• So he's saying he's not connected to you emotionally anymore because you gained weight?? WOW, sounds like a load of crap to me! If he truely loved you, then he would love you at any size!
    Anonymous

• He has watched it like 5 times and still doesn't get it. and he is a FIREMEN. He said that he wants to live his life to the fullest and not be tied down. He loves to drink and party, and I don't. He want to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Ok gaining weight is not a reason.. its an excuse. Perhaps he just doesn't want to be "tied down" with a new baby, etc. Either way, it takes two people to save a marriage, and if one is not even willing to try, it sounds to me like its time to cut your losses and move on. Perhaps a trial separation will put things into perspective for him, and if nothing else, it will give you a chance to slowly ease into being a single mom role model.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You answered your own question. "he said he wants to live his life to the fullest and not be tied down." It has nothing to do with your weight. Sorry, it sucks. But it takes two to make a marriage work but only one to destroy it. I suggest at least seperating so he can really feel what he is iving up. It sounds like he has a wandering eye as well. BE CARFUL! Once again, I'm sorry. He is being an ass!
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 3:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2009