what kind of formula can you get when your on wic?

im thinking about trying to get on wic. please no one who hates wic read or post anything. i need to get on it now that im supporting myself. well my question is what kind of formula i can get? powder or liquid?? similac or emfamil? thank you to all!

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 11:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• emfamil powder 9 12oz cans per month
    Anonymous

• breast milk is free, is there a medical reason of some sort that is preventing you from using it?
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Powder, according to the WIC handbook online for my state.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• BTW...it doesn't name a brand. It says nine cans from age 0-3 months...I don't know if that's a monthly ration. The number drops throughout the year.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:50 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• MY SON IS 8 MONTHS OLD. IS IT TOO LATE?? OH BTW MANDIE I COULD NOT PRODUCE MILK
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 11:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• No, you can get on WIC up until your child is 5 yrs old. I think they do all brands of formula and I do believe they do the liquids bcause they asked me after my dd was born which i wanted.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Mandie.........the question has nothing to do with breastmilk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Wic in Ohio is supposed to drop to 5 or 6 cans per month in October. They are going to add a ton of stuff too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Im in AK, we had to use Similac so i had to switch my dd from enfamil to Similac to get on WIC. And I used the liquid concentrate so I got 31 cans of concentrate a month. She used about a can a day. My dd wouldn't take powder and we were giving her ready to feed enfamil so they let us use the concentrate. I loved it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It varies from state to state. In SC, it was Good Start. Here in WA, it is Similac. Your child can get WIC until he/she is 5 years old. After they turn one, they don't give formula anymore, but they do give milk, cheese, eggs, etc.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 1:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2009