It seems like since i got pregnant, my 2 yr old has been extra clingy and extra extra fussy! do you think she can sense that she wont be the baby (the youngest) anymore?? She is an all out mommy's girl so i figured she knows something is goinon... am i just being grouchy??

is it my hormones? or is she more fussy?

Asked by mykidsmylife21 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She's probably just fussy because that's how they are at this age. My daughter was turning 3 when I had my third, and she's such a little mother! My two neices were both around 3 when their sisters were born and they were the same way. Your daughter might be jealous (I did have to deal with her stealing the baby bottle and things like that) but it won't last long. Just remind her how special she is, use a name for her that you won't use for your new baby. Like, if you have another girl can be "mommy's princess" and your youngest can be your "baby girl". Hope it helps!

Answer by NomadSara at 5:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• She knows that things are changing.  Just try to include her in everthing.  When I had my 2nd child, I let her help me dec the babies room and let her go shopping and pick out some of her own stuff for the baby.  And now she Mommy's him to death.  Just hang in there, once the baby comes and she realizes you still have time for her, she will do just fine.

Answer by redtang912 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I agree that she senses things are changing. My boys are 13 months apart, and when I was pregnant (especially during the 3rd trimester) he got really fussy and clingy.
    After his brother was born, he wasn't sure what to think of the big change in his life, but now he is all about "Nice Brother."
    It was hard to let him take part in a lot of things because of his age, but he realizes that we have plenty of love and attention for both of them, (even when I was hiney-dragging tired LOL) and that helped loads!

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 12:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008