Has anyone donated to locks of love?

My then 3 year old donated 9 inches , i think it was 3 or months ago . i wanted to know if they send you anythign? like a certificate of some sort? i havent gotten anything. and im starting to think the salon sold it.

vadasmom

Asked by vadasmom at 12:11 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Where I live they usually give the hair back to you with the stuff to send it away to the company that does the Locks of Love. My niece just donated a month ago and thats what they did for her. But here you have to have atleast 10 inches to donate. Maybe call the salon and ask about it. My niece didnt get anything for donating though.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 12:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't trust the salon either. Maybe you should check up on it.
    I have never donated. I was intending to and then I found out they don't take bleached hair (I am a dark blond who highlights), so I can't tell you. I did find that out by going to their website. You could start there?
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have donated before, and I never got anything for it.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I've done it twice. The first time I think they sent me something. The second time, I honestly can't remember but I sent it in myself and that was just this past January. I have pregnancy brain so there's really no telling whether they did or not.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i have done 3 times and sent the hair in myself. i have never gotten anything back.

twitchymom78

Answer by twitchymom78 at 4:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I've never heard of anyone getting anything back from them for donating hair.
    I've always wanted to donate but I dye my hair way too often.

Why would you think the salon just sold it?

KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My daughter did. She received a thank you email from them; we shipped the hair, though, so the thank you probably went to the salon

Answer by rkoloms at 10:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2009