Should I throw her a baby shower?

Here is the back history. My cousin and I were good friends growing up. She turned into a total snob and acts like a jerk to everyone now. She doesn't have any close friends left to throw her a baby shower for her second baby. Her mother says she won't do it because it is just wrong. This is her second baby on a one night stand (yes both babies are one night stand babies). Anyway even though she is rude and hateful towards me I love the kids and hate to see her feel awful. Idk ladies do I throw her a shower or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah. She'd appreciate some kindness in her awkward position.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:16 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• If there is less than 5 years between children, NO she doesn't get a shower. It is really up to you if you want to spend the money for someone who seems like they won't appreciate it and doesn't like anyone. She made herself feel awful, so you don't need to feel bad. Would anyone come anyway?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• tyfry7496 Thats the thing I'm not sure anyone would come.
    The first baby just turned two and she gives birth in 8 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't. She had a one night stand and got herself pregnant. She obviously didn't learn the first time.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't give her a baby shower. If you want her to feel a little better and chear her up maybe just give her a nice present for the baby. She will still have stuff from the first one. Good luck
    rlapierre03

Answer by rlapierre03 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• ummm wow. what the hell is wrong with some of you? Its not a shower for her...she dont get the stuff...the BABY does. The BABY didn't ask to be born so why punish it by not giving it anything. And WTF is up w/ the 5 year difference shit? So she made the same mistake from a one night stand. So the fuck what. Shit happens. Those babies are miracles regardless of the mother's situation.
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 12:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• "I wouldn't. She had a one night stand and got herself pregnant. She obviously didn't learn the first time. "

That is rather rude, especially considering your current predicament.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I still wouldn't do it because it could be worse if no one came. Just get a nice gift and take her to lunch.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think all children should be celebrated regardless of how they come into this world. Yes, throw her a shower. I've never been one for traditional etiquette in this matter. I've been to a dozen 2nd and 3rd child showers and not one person has ever thought they were in poor taste. It may be my opinion but it's an outdated thought that only the first child gets a shower. It doesn't have to be big. And it doesn't even have to be you if you don't feel that close to her anymore. It's not about the gifts. It's about the care. Sorry if that seems a little ranty. I didn't mean it to. It's just one of those things I have a very strong opinion on.
    MommaJen536

Answer by MommaJen536 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I agree admit it mom babies wear out their stuff besides the crib ,especially little boys,lol! Show her love and throw her a baby shower!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2009