cramping when dialating

so like i have some slight cramping right now...i got my cervix checked today and my doctor says im slightly open just not enough to count...so like the cramping is my lower abdomen and in my vagina...could this be me dialating or just wishfull thinking

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• could be one or the other (wishful thinking or dialating). Also cramping is normal after they check your cervix...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have the same thing going on although this is my 3rd so i have already dilated to 4, but this is a long process for me, while I'm dilating, im still in really early labor, that feels like its going nowhere, and it feels just like cramps, so in your case that may be what is happening. Best of luck, I know how ya feel, but dont worry you will get there.
    blueeyes_1818

Answer by blueeyes_1818 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• With my daughter, I went in and thought I felt different (like I was dialated) I wasn't The next week, I didn't think anything had changed (I didn't feel like it) and I was 3cm! Got to choose to be enduced and had a healthy 8lb5oz girl!

You'll find out soon enough. Do you know what contractions feel like? They aren't like period cramps. Your whole mid section tightens and you feel a little pushing down more towards the back. If you start getting them regularly call in and if they're more than 6 an hour, go in right away.

I'll give you the best tip I ever got. When you're pushing, it's like you're having the biggest poop in the world. Some people do go and it's normal LOL But, that's all I thought about when it was time to push and that part went really fast. Gross, but it's true.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 23, 2009