So we're going on our first "overnight" trip, and I'm wondering if you stay in a hotel how to sterilize the bottles?

I usually steam them in the special medela bag. Just looking for an alternative in case there isn't a microwave? HELP! :)

Avasmom13

Asked by Avasmom13 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the coffee maker and ran the water through w/o the coffee and cleaned the bottles that way.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Not all hotel rooms have a microwave in them, but almost all hotels have a microwave available. Just ask the person at the front desk if you would be able to use their microwave (if your room doesn't have one). You might want to call and ask since now, so that you know what to expect.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• As bellarose said. I had to do this once and asked the front desk. They were more than happy to make facilities available to me. Many hotels now serve a full complimentary breakfast and usually have a microwave right there.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I just wash mine with soap and water have been doing it with my first son and second and it's just fine.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:47 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I agree with the answer above-washing them with soap and water is fine.
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 1:47 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Unless your childs immune system is deficient than you don't have to sterlize them past the first use. You only need to wash them with soap and water.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 5:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• If you don't have a microwave handy, just rinse them with scalding hot water. That should work as a good alternative.
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 9:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Thanks! I did call the hotel and they said they could let me have access to the restaurant microwave!
    Avasmom13

Answer by Avasmom13 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2009