Someone told me today that early hip pain could be a sign that you will go into labor early...

I have never heard this before, and don't know that I really believe it when only coming from one person, so I thought I would ask. My hips have been absolutely killing me for a little over a month now, so it started around when I was 6 months along. They have definitely spread some which I am sure is what is causing the pain, but is it something I should be concerned about? The girl I was talking to stressed that I be sure to tell my doctor about it as soon as possible because it probably means I am going to go into labor before I should... Seriously? Because I have never heard such a thing, and though I think it's a little early for these aching hips I don't know that it means anything more than that I am pregnant.

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 12:38 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could just be your sciatic nerve.
    Mine was pinched when ever my daughter moved different.
    I even fell once.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Not true, I'm going through extreme pain with my hips and pelvic bones and so did my freinds who recently gave birth. The doctor assured me that that is very normal especially when you start getting bigger. I am seven months prego and can't stand the pain sometimes.
    Dreambaby15

Answer by Dreambaby15 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• If that were true I wouldn't have gone full term with my first daughter and I would have had this one by now! lol I would still let your doctor know because he/she maybe able to give you some advice or something for the pain.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 12:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• if that were true, i would be in labor now. i have been having hip pains since i was about 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think it just means that you're carrying the baby low. I had hip pain from about 24 weeks on with my daughter, and she came 8 days late (and had to be kind of induced at that). But I carried her really low the entire pregnancy.

The good news is that hip pain for one pregancy doesn't mean you'll have it for another. I'm 35 weeks right now, and I have yet to have hip pain like I did with my daughter.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i have the same problem with every pregnancy i have.i go to a chiroprator to have my hips popped back into alignment.it might help you to.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 4:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I had extreme hip pain with my first from 16 weeks on.. guess what.. she was almost 3 weeks overdue.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 3:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• These answers confirm my own thoughts and definitely put me at ease too. Thanks ladies!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009