Do you believe in birth patterns in familys?

I am curious how many of you have birth patterns in your family? When i say birth patterns i mean like in my family there are a lot of birthdays in the same month or under the same zodiac sign. Do you see this in your family? Does anyone know if it is said to have a meaning behind it (there are so many things that have a cosmic meaning and i am curious if anyone knows what this might be.

I ask this because my b-day is Dec 24, mom's b-day is Dec 22, her moms b-day was Dec 29, one of my aunts was Dec 28, My grandmother on my dads side was Jan 9, my cousin and her niece are Jan 9 and Jan 10. And the strangest thing about it to me is that my baby's due date originally was set as Dec 7 which was the Due date my mother was told when she was preg with me.

Alie1313

Asked by Alie1313 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i can understand what your saying i can relate to what your asking. i am into astrology and i do think it has some sort of a cosmic meaning of some sort.
    in my family it is the same there are a line of virgos and capricorns running through them.
    and my DH family alot of geminis and pisces running thru them. and other friends i have known a good run of numbers in a perfcet order. so.... yeah
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We have a heavy run of April and December birthdays, but I don't really subscribe to any sort of cosmic meaning for it. I do like number patterns, though. For instance, my son was born at 4:21 on 4/21, and my quints (who are Feline-American) were born on April 3, 2005, which makes them born on 03-04-05 the way I date things (picked that up in college, along with crossing my 7's.)

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 12:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We do have some birth patterns in my family... my cousin and I share a b-day, which also happens to be the wedding anniversary of the parents of the cousin in question. In my own family, we have a lot of similar dates to our b-days: Dh and ds are both born on the 25th of their birth month, both dds are born on the 20th of their month, and I'm born on the 5th of mine. I think it's kind of neat that in our family all our b-day dates are divisible by five and there are five of us! However I don't attribute any real cosmic significance to any of the dates. If anything, with my kids I just think it's weird that after nursing my cycles began right where they had left off, which is what gave me edds that all tended to be around the end of the month when I was due!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Eh, I don't really think that it has anything to with astrology or any type of god. Just that people in your family got pregnant around the same time. For instance-I was born on october 19. My mom's due date with me was October 13th. My son was born on Ocobter 20th and one of his due dates was October 13th. I was induced on my birthday and he was born the day after. Also in October is my dad's birthday- the 8th, my grandma's birthday (his mom)-the 13th. My two brothers from my mom's previous marriage were both born in April-12th and 23. But I don't think it has anything to do with astronomy.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Maybe? My FIL was born October 4, My husband was born November 25, my son November 28, my MIL December 19 and my SIL January 19. That's a lot of birthdays (and holidays too!) all at once *sigh*
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We have a lot, and I mean a ridiculous amount, of June birthdays on my mom's side of the family including myself and one of my daughters. Now on my dad's side, my great grandfather's b-day was Dec 13th, his son's (my grandpa) b-day is Oct 13th, his son's (my dad) b-day is Dec 13th. My grandpa's wife's b-day is Nov 13th, and that is also my wedding anniversary. My first daughter was due on the 13th. My second daughter was due on the 14th. Both my daughters were born at 37 weeks and 6 days. Both were born on the 29th of the month. Lot of quinky dinks in my families.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I don't know. I find it interesting some of my kids and DH share the 19th as a birthday. DS Feb. 19th, DD June 19th, DD July 19th, DH Sept. 19th, and my Grandfather is April 19th.
    michelle1219

Answer by michelle1219 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• No gender runs, yes. Other patterns not really.

Like my grandma, mother, and younger sister had all girls. I have all boys as does my older sister(but she has just one child LOL).

So that is a pattern in my family but birthdays or signs wise...not really.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I don't think it means anything but in my husband's and my family we got birthdays all through this month. I think it's just one of those odd circumstances that happen. But I don't believe in the zodiac or any of that stuff anyway.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Interestingly yes. Everyone in the family has a "pair". My eldest daughter and I are both sept. My youngest daughter and brother are both may. We have four march birthdays (three sisters of mine and my fiance). My son and my ex husband are both febuary. My birthmom laura and my sister are both november, and both my dads are july. My adopted mom is in december and the only one so far without a pair, bt I am expecting in december and my due date is her birthday. Ironically I was concieved on her bday Dec 4th my birthday is Sept 4 and my birthmom is Nov 4th. Eery hmm?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2009