What kind of Foundation.....

Ok, my face has a tendancy to turn very red in any sunlight or cold. Whatever its like outside, doesnt matter!
I dont wear foundation, but I might if I can find the right kind.
I hate it feelin heavy, or lookin cracked! I want it to be light and blend easily, and especially, not rub off on everything! Can I, please, get some recommendations....
Thank~you <3

TheLostMuppet

Asked by TheLostMuppet at 12:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• just try a few out and figure out which one you like. thats what i had to do. i think i went with covergirl.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:03 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I agree! i hate feeling like there is anything on my face. I used Clinique for a while but wouldn't apply much. It was smooth but did feel heavy. I use the Revlon Custom Creations so I can choose my skin tone and I apply it with a makeup sponge so it feels lighter. I haven't had it rub off on anything or looked cracked. I know there are many out there. I tried the bare minerals but that (to me) felt heavy! Did a great job of covering up but so much was on that even though my skin looked flawless it was caked on. Clinique and the one I use now never do that.

07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• First I have to recommend moisturizer. It's great to help things go on smoothly and plus if you get it with SPF you have sunblock that isn't heavy. I love the Neutrogena one that comes in either tinted or untinted (untinted is lighter by far!).

Foundation: I love mineral foundations. My favorites are Physicians Formula & Maybelline. I decided to try it last year and I've been hooked ever since. Kabuki brushes are a life saver with those kinds, too. Anyway, that aren't the greatest to not rub off, but they aren't the worst, either. I love them because it's one step and they cover really well and don't feel too heavy. They might at first, but after a few minutes they feel fine. I think they only feel heavy at first to me because I don't wear foundation much anymore. Also, you'll have to practice with it once or twice to get the right amount of powder to use down, but after that it's a piece of cake.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:05 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I like lancome foundation. It goes on very smooth. Expensive so I stick with Mary kay. Still good.
    michelle1219

Answer by michelle1219 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I use the Bare MInerals. It stays on all day and covers almost anything. It's $25 for a thing, but it lasts six months.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Bare Minerals or lancome
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• well bare minerals and lancome foundation is great... if you have the money::
    if you dont or if your on a budget i would use maybelline dream matte mousse ( the pump version) it gives you an airbrush flawless compliction its wonderful, i even put Phsyicans Formula Illiminating Powder gives you such a wonderful glow i get compliments all the time on my skin with these too.
    Anonymous

• Ok here is my suggestion! Try the tinted Magix Face Perfector from Avon. I use it a lot and its great. Its really a primer but you can use it as a foundation as well. It will help with any shine and redness but won't feel heavy like a normal foundation would. It has SPF which would be good for your skin. The Mark tinted moisturizer might be a good option too for the same reasons. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany at checkout for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have been a distributor with a candle company for a while and in June they came out with a Mineral Make up line. I have been using Mary Kay for years so I decided to try it. I absolutely love it. It doesn't feel like I am wearing a thing. They have a 60 day money back guarantee so if you want to give it a try you can go to www.HomeAtMiaBella.com
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You should definitely "test" some products out first. Do the whole "make over" thing at department store counters. Tell them you have to spend the day wearing the product before you can make a decision.

I also agree with the other response to use mineral makeup. Its been the best and isn't messy or heavy like liquids and powers.
    Kdoh

Answer by Kdoh at 12:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2009