How can I cope with morning sickness??

I've had it for a while now, Its hard to deal with throwing up all the time plus the tiredness, I've tried alot of things with no relief. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?
Thanks!

Emo_mommy

Asked by Emo_mommy at 12:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i hear you on that. it was horrible. i didnt throw up though, i just felt HORRIBLE and nauses. everyone told me to eat crackers and i guess it helped alittle bit but they only thing that really really helped was just laying down and sleeping. your taking prenatals right? cuz i realized that it got alot worse for me when i took my prenatals, and i was taking them in the morning originally so i started taking them at night before i went to sleep and that helped alot.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:01 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• eat crackers beofre even getting out of bed or lemons if u suck on 1 it helps some people an tums an ask ur doc for nausea meds they help alot but u wnt have no puking it will just reduce it good luck i had it til a lil after 22 wks
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I had to suck on lemon heads hard candy. It helped a little. I was one of the lucky ones who had all day sickness.
    michelle1219

Answer by michelle1219 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I couldn't keep anything down for 3 mos straight. not even stomach acid! lol I tried crackers in the morn before getting up. I stopped taking my prenantals and was put on folic acid pills instead. That didn't help... I heard ginger tea helps (didn't for me) and keeping food in your stomach (also didn't work). I even got anti nausea meds and those didn't help, plus I got really backed up on them. Pretty much, I threw up until I took a hit.... but do not recomend it!!! It finally passed at 13 wks. Lost 10 lbs and I was skin and bone with a basketball when I delivered. It sucked! but TRY lemon juice, ginger tea, crackers, keeping your stomach full, try the nausea pills and maybe see about stopping your prenatals and getting folic acid instead. GL! I hope it passes soon! it's horrible, I know! And the tiredness never went away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I didn't have morning sickness all the time. I would have to get up at 5am to get ready for work and that's when I would get sick, but it was just stomach fluid because I hadn't eaten anything yet. I noticed the prenatal vitamins made it so much worse so I started taking them at night before bed. Laying down and sleeping helped alot which is why I took the vitamins at night. I hear crackers are supposed to help, but when I had morning sickness, EVERYTHING (including water and brushing my teeth) made me sick. I was told to drink some water, but would throw it back up as soon as it hit my stomach. So, the only thing that really truely helped was sleeping or taking a quick nap. Good Luck
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 1:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• peppermints and jolly ranchers worked for me
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 3:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• if nothing food/drink-wise is helping your tummy, try getting some Seabands, they're these pressure point bands you put on your wrists. I was getting very sick until my grandma put those things on me & they made me feel so much better. and the foods that helped me...raw fruit & veggies & i sucked on some crystallized ginger.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Have you asked your dr about taking Dyclecton? Its a pill that you take to help us with morning sickness!! I had to take it before and it helped me.
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2009