mommies, what will the baby need?

Ok I'm in my second trimester and already worring what I need for the baby. What things did you find helpful to buy early?

Thanks so much!

Emo_mommy

Asked by Emo_mommy at 1:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i started buying stuff when i was 10 wks its easier that way u dnt seem to be as broke if u spread it out i bought bby soap lotion,combs,outfits,crib,receiving blankets,socks, pacifiers,nottles an lots more w.e u can get get bc if u do it all at once ull be tired an broke
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Once you get home as long as you gave diapers, wipes, bottles if your going to use them and formula you'll be just fine. I bought Babies R' Us out before hand and realized I really didn't need everything I bought. But here is what I think is enough in addition to what I said already:

Baby wash & Shampoo
    Lotion
    Powder
    NAIL CLIPPERS! You won't believe how fast those suckers grow! LOL
    Baby Tub
    Swing
    Onesies (Lots)
    Recieving blankets
    One of those snot sucker things
    Thermomiter (SP) I used mine all the time being a paranoid first time Mommy!
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Oh and what ever your going to have the baby sleep: in crib/ bassinet
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• obviously you need a car seat or you cant leave the hospital so other then that and a crib along with diapers wipes bottles and formula if your not breastfeeding and some clothes thats really all you need.
    however i dont think we would have made it through the first two weeks with out our boppy pillow and a sling to carry baby in. he loved to be close and using the boppy for breastfeeding was truly amazing it made life wasier lol.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I agree with just about everything everyone said on here, but I'd like to add that there were a few things that would have been nice to have on hand after my daughter was born...

Infant Tylenol (you're probably not going to use it right away, but I found it helpful when she got her shots especially)
    Some sort of gas relief stuff (I use Mylicon Infant gas drops)
    Diaper rash cream (although, this may sound strange, but my breast milk, squirted on her butt, worked just as good)
    Humidifer (I never thought of this before, but we had to go to walmart at 3 in the morning because she got allergies and a cold at 3 months old. no temp, just stuffiness.)
    and this worked wonders... a wipes warmer, if you can splurge a little... my daughter stopped peeing all over me when I started using the warm wipes.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 2:08 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• oh yeah and a pacifier, just in case you decide you want to use them, it was nice to have several on hand.
    nico409ant

• You wont need much at all. Put some older feeding stuff on your registry. Highchair, Dishes, etc. PackNPlay with a bassinette, changer, and music on it. Fitted sheets, crib, car seat, large and small stroller, adjustable swing, bouncer, breast pump, bottles, feeding accessories, not too much newborn clothing because they grow out of it within a month. (Same with buying diapers ahead) Be realistic about the weather. Gowns are great and they have them for boys too. Onsies, a couple pants and sweatshirts, socks. They don't need shoes right away. Baby washing and medical accessories, tylenol and mylecon, petroleum jelly is great to prevent diaper rash, baby tub, swaddling blankets. Diaper bag. They have pacifier thermometers now that I loved! It's way better than sticking it elsewhere. I think that's about it. Make sure you have small items on your registry too for people on a budget. Nursing tanks (I lived in mine!)
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i waited until my shower to start buying stuff. except major htings like the highchair. carseat and crib and stuff. i already had that picked out and done with.. but other things i waited until after the shower.
    i got soo much that i really didnt need much after that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I waited for my baby shower. Turned out that I had 3 and got everything I needed! You should wait and see what friends and family give you. Now all I have to worry about is a breast pump or formula. That's it.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 10:37 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It depends on your parenting style. For us all we need with out first was:

A sling or wrap

Baby clothes

All in one cloth diapers (wr didn't use the first time but I'm making them for our second)

Car seat

Burp rags

Baby blankets

NO other supplies needed until Hayley was ready to move into her own bed
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 12:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2009