i want to try to have my daughter go to sleep on her own in her own crib....

where should i start? what if she starts crying?? i just fed her, she has a nice full belly now...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One day I was going through my dd's closet and just put her in the crib to keep her contained (she was exactly 3 months) and poof she fell asleep. So that night I put her in her crib and she has slept in it ever since. If you have problems try playing soothing music, singing to her, make it a routine you do at the same time every night after bath for example and I always (still do) used J & J lavender baby wash and lotion. I swear it works cus I would have a harder time on the nights I didn't use it-
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I used to sing and rock her. She has the "mothers heartbeat" music in her room STILL at 20 mos old. When we got that for it helped temendously!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• How old is she? Make sure she's all taken care of, rock her and it's never too early to start reading to her every night. Then, put her in there and if she cries, let her cry. Maybe some soft music will sooth her. You don't want her to be dependant on having you hold her before she can fall asleep. That will caryy on to older years and it's a real pain. I was soo excited with my first that we always gave in and we've learned, the next one is going to be a whole different ballgame! LOL. It might seem bad with crying at first, but within a couple days to a week, she'll be over it and you can get her in a routine.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• shes 5 months... i put her in her crib, and said her prayers with her and kissed her good night and put her down and pulled the door around and she cried a little bit and i checked on her in ten min picked her up kissed her and laid her back down and checked on her another 10 min later and did the same then 5 min later and she was fast asleep.. im proud of myself and her lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2009