How do I get my two year old to go to bed without a cup. she is desperate for it at night.

NikiMack07

Asked by NikiMack07 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son has taken a cup to bed since he was 8 months old, and it only has water in it. he is now 2 1/2.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my son cant take it to bed, but i allow him to keep a cup in the bathroom just incase he gets thirsty.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 2:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• She's probably thirsty. It's fine if it's not a sippy cup. Those are bad for teeth. Just leave a strw cup nearby for her to quench her thirst when she needs.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I give my daughter a straw cup with water. Even since she started potty training and waking up at night, she doesn't need it at much. I don't know - I just clicked to see what everyone else says because my DD wants a cup of water in bed with her at night. Most of the time it's the straw cup with water (always water) but I want to break her out of the habit. But again, it's slowed down since she started potty training.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 4:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Just stop giving it to her if you don't want her to have it. There's really no reason for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• easier said than done anon....i'm with the rest of the moms, it won't hurt for her to have a drink nearby, i do it with my dd too :P
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My daughter (2 1/2) always has a cup of water near bed in case she gets thirsty. She's already potty trained, and has gone 2 weeks staying dry at night (and she sleeps 12 hours a night!), even with drinking while she's laying in bed. I don't mind her drinking water in bed or right before bed, because even though she drinks plenty during the day, the body dehydrates a lot at night, so I want to make sure she's hydrated.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 10:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2009