co sleeping? letting baby cry?

my 3 month old sleeps with me mainly because i breastfeed plus he sleeps better that way.
who else co sleeps or am i the only one? i get alot of greef about it.

also i dont really let my baby cry i attend to his every cry and have been told to let him cry. At what age did you start letting your baby cry it out? 3months seems young to me im not comfortble with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I co slept with my baby until 2 months when she started sleeping through the night (I formula fed).
    You baby is only 3 mos old! No need for CIO until they are at least 6 mos. You cant spoil a baby!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yes, both of my sons have co slept with us. My 4 year old sometimes still comes into bed with us if he wakes up at night. I absolutely love it and wouldn't do anything different. And for crying it out, I never did that. Even now at 4, if my son cries I want to be there to know what is wrong and comfort him. I know if I were upset about something and my husband told me to just go "cry it out" that he didn't want to comfort me and I should do it on my own... well lets just say there would be some choice words for him and the couch wouldn't be lonely at night. I think everyone needs comforting no matter how big or small, and especially when they are small.

As for you, don't listen to them. You are the mama, you know what is best. You do what you know is right.

AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 1:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'm still co-sleeping with my 19 month old. We all love it. We have never let him CIO. It is not necessary and I don't agree with it. There are times that he cries while I'm doing something but I don't just leave him crying to let him cry.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I bring my 5 1/2 month old into bed with us after her 6:30am feeding and she usually sleeps with us until daddy gets up to go to work between 7 and 8. We love cuddling with her.
    I don't let her cry either, unless I'm doing something also or I can't get to her right away. I even will take her back from people if she starts to get upset. I know she wants me anyway, so why let her suffer.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 1:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i usually have my daughter sleep with me every night, and tonight i thought id try to have her sleep in her crib... shes 5 months (just turned 5 mos) and i fed her changed her diaper went in her room with her, said her prayers and said good night to her and laid her down in her crib put her mobile on and kissed her and pulled the door around a little she cried a little bit and 10 min i checked on her picked her up gav her kisses and laid her back down...
    pulled the door around, checked on her another 10 min later picked her up and she was starting to fall asleep, i laid her back down and pulled the door around and she cried a little bit and 5 min later i checked on her and she was fast asleep.

im proud of myself lol... but i think 3 months is too young to just let them cry it out.. try laying your baby down an checking on her every so often and give her kisses and stuff try that. Good luck too :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• im sorry i called your baby a she i meant he..
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I still co sleep and NEVER let my DD cry it out. It's NEVER a necessity or even good for them. Even if you did, 3 months is far too young. Join a few support groups on here. Co sleeping is safe, beneficial, and helps everyone sleep soundly. CIO has zero benefit to the baby and even causes harm. So don't worry about it. People will give you grief even if what you're doing makes perfect sense just because it's not popular.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my daughter is 3 months and we've co-slept from day one. she hates her crib. so i figured if shes happy with me and her daddy then why stop :] we breastfeed as well and its so easy to whip the boob out and feed her. she goes right back to sleep.

i let my DD cry it out once...i lasted a whole 10 minutes. it was just terrible. I see no point in it. All your baby wants is to be held and loved. i dont believe in crying it out. i feel the only reason they stop crying is because they realize that no one coming for them. and no baby should go through that.
    LOVE your baby. nurture him. thats all he wants.

and youre already doing a great job! keep up with it. =]
    loves_her_baby

Answer by loves_her_baby at 3:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I never really had to let my son cry it out, but he is 9 months and spoiled little man. always wants mommy to hold him. He will be just fine playing with his toys, but as soon as he sees me he will start crying until I pick him up. IMO babies can be spoiled. The OP no we do not co-sleep and my son will go to sleep on his own. has for months.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:03 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• ditto to what annamac, aehanrahan, jus1jess, and loves my baby said! kyrie is almost 13 months old and has been in our bed since day 1! she is also breastfed and it is so much more convenient like that. i don't let her CIO and will never do that. there are some times now, if i'm doing something, that she may have to wait a few minutes but not longer than that, and never if she gets hysterical or too worked up. babies and toddlers NEED that comfort and closeness, and there is NOTHING wrong with giving it to them! keep up the great work mama! pm me if you want to talk, or need support or info! btw, dh wasn't too happy about her in bed with us for awhile in the beginning, but he got over it.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 5:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2009