had my son six months ago and sex still hurts

Hey wondering if anyone has had this. i gave birth to my 11 pound son in mid January and i had 12 stitches. the doctor said i healed great but sex hurts and bad. i rip every time we have sex. we have tried lub and everything but i tear every time. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Health

• I had that issue with my first son, he ripped me and every time we had sex it hurt and I always ripped, I talked to my Dr. when I got prego with my second child and she told me the same thing I healed great. She said you just have to completely relax and don't even think about it, and she said use astroglide for lube and ever since I have had no problems, don't know what kind of lube you use but try astroglide that stuff is the best and I will never use anything else and relaxing also helped.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Sex was painful for me after my first was born.  I now know that the mini pill was the cause because as soon as I stopped taking it the pain went away.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My doctor said that there were several possible reasons for me. One, they could have overstiched you. It's possible they need to go in and snip a little of the scar tissue away so it can heal properly and not hurt you each tim. It's possible it's just tight. Use astroglide and massage your skin to help stretch it out. I had muscle spasms and had to have physical theraphy for it. Its sooo much better now. I"m sure there are other options, but those were the ones i remember talking to my doc about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2009