What type of schedule do you have your baby on? or try to have them on?

my daughter is 5 months, and id like to start to get her on a schedule. i just dont know where to start with it. lol
she eats some cereal now once maybe twice a day and i nurse her too.
id like to get her used to sleeping in her own crib rather than our bed, which tonight i did finally for the first time Proud of her for doing it too.

just need some help getting a schedule down.. ( i need one myself too lol..)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The most important is sleep, bath and food. try to do bath and bed by 7:30. She's going to get up whenever she wants. I don't know how often she eats and sleeps, so just try to keep it around the same time every day.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my 8 month old goes to bed around 8 or 9pm sleeps till about 9 or 10 am gets up eats whatever I give him plays for little bit then takes a nap around 11 or 12 and sleeps till about 2 or 3 gets up eats plays takes another nap around 5 wake him up at 6 or 7 and same thing everyday.

My almost 4 year old that one is hard, I'm trying to get myself on the schedule and put him on the same one but I have been having a hard time doing that, cuz my hubby works really early so I wake up and make his coffee and lunch and then it takes me for ever to fall back asleep so I never get up at 8 like I would like to I usually wake up with the baby and then wake him up, and when he wakes up that late he stays up late and he never takes naps he hasn't since he was 12 months
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• generally a baby that age naps about 2-3 hours after awaking am then 3 or so hours later for after noon nap. for feeding since you are just beginning keep doing what you are. try to feed her around 5-6 and do a B rutine. Bottle, Bath, Book, Bed.... doesnt need to be in that order but make shure they are all there. babies tend to sleep better when put down by 8:30 - 9:00. if you are having a hard time getting her down for naps and bed give bottle just before. for naps you may need to let her cry it out a bit, and it may not go away either,having to do so. it will break your heart to listen to but if she can calm her self to sleep with in 15- 20 min you are good to go, if not pick her up and push the time back untill you are both comfy. all babies are different so adjust to YOUR babies needs. It may not always be an EXACT SCIENCE but it really does help you with appointment making! LOL good luck! ♥
    BillyKraftsMom

Answer by BillyKraftsMom at 3:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• OH! and in the gaps between the Bs and nursing and sleeping.... play play play with her. just give her as much acknowledgement and love as you can, babies LOVE attention... it helps keep them happy and willing, and a PLUS is playing with them exhaust them! lol
    BillyKraftsMom

Answer by BillyKraftsMom at 3:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my son would wake up have him a jar of fruit and a 4 oz bottle, he would play for about an hour then take a nap...he would wake up about 2-3 hours later then he would have him an 8 oz bottle play for about 2 hours then take an hour nap....when he woke up me and my hubbies dinner would be done, hes have a few bites of that and a jar of vegitables then an hour after we ate dinner he would take a bath then have another 6 oz bottle with cereal in it i would clean his mouth out then he would be in bed at 8:30 and up by 7:30 am....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 23, 2009