Pregnancy brain and school.

I take school very seriously and will be a mommy soon. Like alot of pregnant moms ive been pretty ditzy lately and worried if it would effect me school-wise.
Does anyone know any techniques on how I can concentrate my wondering mind?

Thanks so much!!

Emo_mommy

Asked by Emo_mommy at 2:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• People laugh when I say that as soon as my baby is out, I will b attending school and they said "u shuld have thought of that b4 having a kid"...well I will prove that I can study and change a diaper at the same time! So you need to think about your baby now that u r preggo. You don't want to stress too much and you will eventually get tired as you get into ur 3rd trimester. If you're in ur 1st or 2nd, then u shuldnt hav any trouble concentrating. I worked 2 full-time jobs up until my 8th month, then I culdnt take it anymore. Sleepless nights, swollen feet, cramps, side pains, uti's, peeing every time, pressure on my pelvic area as baby pushing down....u will eventually want to get all the rest u want in ur 9th month! I'm due in 3 days and I'm on maternity leave and sleeping ALL DAY! :)
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 8:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Just try to get plenty of sleep. I have the same problem and it is always worse when I'm tired. You need a little more sleep right now during pregnancy!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:19 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'm having this problem currently...I have a planner that is my whole life, haha, i have no idea what I'm doing without it. I also program every single thing I have to do into my phone & it sets obnoxious alarms off often. Write EVERYTHING down - before I was pregnant, I took very thorough notes in class, now I've somehow managed to make them even more thorough. Or it might be a good idea to get a digital recorder to bring to class & just turn it on your prof starts lecturing...I may just pick one of those up myself before fall semester starts!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I feel your pain. I was entered into the nursing program in January after being on a two year waiting list. Well at the begining of February I found out I was pregnant. It wasn't planned but we were very happy about it. The thing that sucked is that it was pretty impossible for me go finish the semester. I was sick and so tired all the time. I couldn't find all the time I needed to study because I was falling asleep left and right and feeling sick most of the day. Well I stuck it out until the end of the semester and then found out that I didn't pass by 2 points! I was devestated. I was out a whole lot of money, time I could have been focusing on my health, and now I have to retake it in January. My point being is I hope that you only go through it if your positive it can, if not, put it on hold and enjoy being pregnant until after the baby comes. Now I'll be able to spend more time with my baby when she gets here!
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2009