mommies diet.

I was wondering what are some foods to eat and food I should probably avoid while pregnant. Also I was lactose intolerent as a baby and was a little curious if I drank regular milk could it harm my baby?
Thanks so much!

Emo_mommy

Asked by Emo_mommy at 2:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you mean if you drink regular milk when you're breastfeeding, or when you're pregnant? It shouldn't hurt the baby at all unless the baby ends up having a milk allergy or lactose intolerance itself. Drinking regular milk while pregnant is perfectly fine provided you don't have problems with milk currently.

Eat lots of protein and dairy. Get a suitable amount of fat. No dieting. No artificial sweeteners, like Aspartame, limit caffeine to less than 200 (100 preferably) mg a day, no alcohol, no hot dogs or lunch meat unless you know they are well cooked, no sushi, no rare/medium rare meat, not too much fish, hummm that's all i can think of for now. Good luck!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Some fish, anything not cooked through or at all. I would ask your Dr.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Throughout my pregnancy, I eat EVERYTHING! Pizza, burgers, fries, fajitas, steak, mac n cheese, lots of cereals! I have gained 30 lbs and I do not excercise (although I shuld have been doing something). Avoid fish and unfortunately I have been drinking soda so I do drink caffeine. You want to eat everything as long as you don't over do it (like 2 Big Macs per day). One thing that has helped keep weight off and eating what I want is drinking 2 liters of water a day! You go pee a lot AND u go #2 so u r gettn rid of waste too and faster than u wuld if u don't drink water. Don't get on a diet! U want ur kid to be healthy, not sick n too fragile! I'm due in 3 days and I cannot wait! :)
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 8:35 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You don't have to eat dairy products t be healthy (many societies don't eat other animals milk). Make sure you are getting leafy green (I love baby spinach salad)... Oh heck just check out the Brewer's "diet", this is what my midwife has me on. The main focus is to make sure you are getting enough protein, and vitamins and minerals. Also when you eat make sure you are eating a carb, fat and protein together (this will keep your blood sugar stable).
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 12:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009