What are good food to eat after getting teeth pulled??

My daughter is having 4 teeth removed tomorrow and I have NO idea what she can eat until she is healed. Someone said no dairy, someone said nothing that can get stuck in the stitches another said no soup of any kind. She is having her front top 4 teeth removed and maybe one more (which is in the back). I want to go shopping today and pick things up so I can be ready and not drag her out to the store all sore and cranky.

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 2:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My son had 4 teeth pulled last week and for the first 3 days he ate soft foods...soup, noodles, jello pudding, etc. He drank milk. The only thing he could do was drink through a straw. He had to rinse his mouth out after eating to make sure no foods were stuck in the holes. Otherwise, anything soft is ok. After 3 days, he was able to eat anything as long as he rinsed out his mouth. The reason for soft foods and no staws is that if dry socket is going to happen, it will in the first three days. He also ate pancakes, bread, mashed potatoes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Pudding, soup, jello. Anything real soft. Don't let her drink through a straw ( I'm sure the doc will tell you that) and nothing that will stick to her teeth or anything to hard or tough like meat or candy. You could get her ice cream to. The doctor should give you a list on what she should not have but when my DD had to have teeth pulled like that that is the kind of foods I feed her. My DD was 3 when her teeth were pulled because she had some kind of disease in her teeth ( We are hoping that it will not go to her adult teeth).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• sometimes eating dairy after having teeth worked on can make their stomach upset.no acidy food.tomato soup is a big no no.but lots of cool,soft food is easy to handle.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 3:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• oatmeal, quinoa, purreed fruits and veggies, baked sweet potato, tofu, scrambled eggs, yogurt, avocado, essentionally anything you would feed a baby

Answer by rkoloms at 10:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• any thing that is soft like people said when i had my wisdom teeth surgically removes i ate broths, warm jello, pudding,oatmeal, thing of that nature, i stay away from chicken soup b/c of the noodles but the broth will be good for her then as her mouth heal increase the texure and hardness in time
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009