has anyone gone to school for Phlebotomy?

I'm thinking about going to school for Phlebotomoy. My SIL is a phlebotomist and she said she really enjoys it.
I used to have a major problem with blood and needles, but since being pregnant... and getting poked so many times and having blood drawn so much, im fine with it.

has anyone gone to school for this? and if you have, did u ever have a needle phobia? LOL

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:07 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Learn how to spell it before you go to school for it. Don't copy your sister.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• so how do you think YOU spell it?

its PHLEBOTOMY...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• well, anon :35, YOU need to learn how to spell it, since OP DID spell it correctly. Sheesh.

I went to school for it. I have a needle phobia, for myself. I cannot watch them stick me, they cannot tell me when they are going to do it. But for me to stick someone else does not bother me at all. I actually had my instructor tell me that she thought my needle phobia made me a better phlebotomist, b/c I was more careful to ensure I had the vein, and tried not to stick people more than once.

I don't know what other info you might want, feel free to let me know if you have other questions. I may not get back to you right away, I broke my ankle and am not on the computer much right now. But I'll be happy to answer your questions when I am on. Hope that helped a little. :)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My bff is a phleb at our local hospital. She did not have a needle phobia..I swear she thinks she is part vampire lol. But she really loves her job, makes decent money with benefits etc. I love having her around because she gives me my monthly B12 shot for free!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:03 AM on Jul. 23, 2009