Im having a Half-a-birthday for my twins..can i give them icecream cake, or just something simple like carrot cake or strawberry?

What did u have? Their first solid food is going to be cake, like mine was :)

we sing:
half a birthday to youuuuu
half a birthday to youuuuu
half a birthday dear noah and rileyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 3:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you can give them cake as long as they are tiny pieces and have no chunks of any kind in them like carrots, strawberries etc. and they should be fine

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I gave my dd cake at her 6 mo... it was chocolate with vanilla icing! she didn't eat but a few bites, it was nice tho!!! She LOVED it and was licking her lips throughout her bath afterwards!!!

That's a CUTE song BTW!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• im sorry hun, but i think thats way to early to give babies CAKE... loaded with sugar and other unreal substances. babies bellies cannot properly handle all of that.
    how far along were you when u had them btw?
    usually twins are born earlier than normal which means they are even YOUNGER than if they were born full term.

why dont you try some baby food or something? or a new baby food?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• oh and strawberry shouldnt be given until they are at least a year old only because it can make them more prone to allergies or something...
    but you have adorable boys :) i was looking at your pics., theyre so cute!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• there is nothing wrong with half birthday, I think it will be fun keep up the good work momma :)
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• 35 weeks. and im thinking...

ill give them cake. they arent going to eat the whole thing anyways. AND they are going to have sugar eventually anyways.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 3:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• No, they can't have carrot cake, ice cream cake, or strawberry cake.
    When you introduce solids, you introduce SINGLE ingredients at a time - JUST green beans, JUST carrots, etc. because you never know what your child is allergic to, if anything, and you can watch for any reaction from them... even minor things. My son LOVED bananas but his face would turn red and swell a little, so we had to stop. He outgrew it, but we wouldn't have known what it was if it was in some mix.
    Also, babies shouldn't have milk, eggs, or strawberries until they're at least one, so that kind of rules out ALL cake.

Make their first food something healthy, and a single ingredient. I know you think it's cute and all, but it's really not, and it's not healthy.
    If you don't want to hear that, you shouldn't have asked whether or not it was okay, because the answer is no, it's not.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I wish I had the video still of my son eating his birthday cake like a piggy. Why is this there first solid food? Just curious, but make the cake however you want and they like. It's a fricken birthday.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 3:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• just because it was my first food too.
    so i figured i go with the tradition. maybe i wont do carrot or strawberry...
    and if the milk and eggs are cooked is it still bad for them??? Ill ask their ped.

Thanks for being so rude ladies :)
    Just remember...u were a clueless first time mom too.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 3:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Do what you feel is right for your child your the mom and you make the choices :)
    alexmama2209

Answer by alexmama2209 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2009