trouble urinating

So, I took a fall and broke a few bones about 10 days ago. Baby seems fine, but ever since then, I can't really remember if it started before or after, I have had trouble peeing in the middle of the night. Just now, I had to kneel on my elbows and knees in the tub and pee enough to relieve the pressure enough to get a trickle to come out enough in the toilet to be able to pee all together! I thought that I was going to have to get a cath, I didn't pee at all until I got to the tub. This is very hard for me b/c I have a broken hand and a few broken ribs. I am 17 weeks preggers now...what can I do??

wheresdmop

Asked by wheresdmop at 3:16 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow, how difficult that must be! Well, are you drinking a LOT of water? When I drink my water at night, I wake up a few times during the night and I pee like a normal person. During the day it comes out as a small trickle and since I don't empty my bladder, I go all the time but at night is when I empty it ALL and it even is to the point where afterwards, I'm smiling. :) I haaaate trickles. Try drinking a lot of water, u don't want to get swollen at 17 wks.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 8:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2009