Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welfare Mess ER PIOG

This past week I had a welfare fraud investigator come to my door. I am in the process of applying for aid and my situation is this. March I broke up with my husband bc he cheated on me again and I found out he had been lying the entire four years of marriage. I have a two almost three year old girl with him and another daughter who turned one in may. I wasnt looking bt shortly after realized my friend was the one for me. We got pregnant with twins (which are due in dec.). Also the twins could or could not be my exe's. I am very sick this pregnancy with preeclampsia (my kidneys are slowly failing) and cannot work. I can barely even move. To top it off my ex took advantage of a situation and drugged and molested me. While I filed police charges he has a tendency to get away with things bc he is the "nice guy" and the charges havent been proccessed yet by the DA.


Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I think you should call teh investigator and talk to him and ask him this question, try calling your landlady and your MIL and explaine everything to them, they can't just say something is happening that is not, just take a deep breath get your head straight think about what you going to say write it down if you have to and start making phone calls, I'm sorry and good luck

    Answer by looovemybabies at 4:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • I only allow him around the kids and I now with supervision or with all doors and windows open at the house. My friend ( we will call him J) the one who is my new interest, isnt living with me, but lost his home in the economic crisis and is currently homeless. He stays over occasionally but doesnt live here bc my ex mother in law is my cosigner and if she pulls the cosign the girls and I are homeless. Also my ex pays the rent (but complains about it frequently and threatens me about not doing it). Recently I had the flu. (The day after the wellfare fraud investigator came over.) So my significant other has been staying over to help me and help with the kids especially since this week I had a house inspection by my landlady. On the day before the inspection my youngest fell and hit her head so badly that she needed seven stitches (you could see her skull). We were in the hospital till one in the morning.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • When I got back my older daughter began to run a 101 fever and seizured a bit. Her stomach was aching and she kept trying to throw up but couldnt. I called the doctor and was up with her till 6am. So J stayed another night bc I was still recovering and needed help with the girls. My landlady inspected the house at nine and he was there. Today I am woken up by my mother in law saying that the land lady called and said my "boyfriend" was living with me and that I am pregnant with his illegitamite child. She said that the welfare inspector told her this. Now my mother in law is threatening to withdraw her cosign (which will leave us homeless bc my credit is bad ((past abusive boyfriend)) and I have noone else to cosign). My landlady is threatening to evict me for the "illegal tenant" that doesnt exist. (we can have guests for a week at a time).

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • And the investigator is indicating that he is going to commit me for welfare fraud which I didnt commit. My questions are these... Can he (the investigator) call my landlady and mother in law and "inform them" that I am pregnant with "an illegitamite child not her husbands" which i am quoting him or is that an invasion of privacy laws? What are my rights? What should I do with my ex, and my mother in law? And how should I handle my landlady?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • Call the investigator. I'll bet your MIL is making this up.

    Answer by plylerjones at 6:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • You do have the right to have guests and no one can do anything about it. No one can prove your children belong to someone else until they are born plus that's irrelevant. It's no one's business who fathered your children until child support time then a DNA may be required but it's not against the law to have another man's baby. The person who co-signed already did it so the contract is valid. If it were that easy to remove a co-signature then I'm sure many ppl who signed for things would try to remove their signature instead of getting stuck with the responsibility of the bill. I'm guessing she'd have to hire an attorney to do it legally. A contract is a contract and you can't just call and say "take my signature off" without doing it legally. They are just giving you a hard time. Make them prove it if they think you are doing anything wrong but don't sweat it. They have the burden of proof.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2009