Was it pushing or the epidural?

My friend had her baby a week ago and she said she still has numbness in her upper thigh on one side. Her OB told her she must have tweaked a nerve pushing. I've never heard of such a thing, but I've heard of things like this happening as a side effect of the epidural. What do you think?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 5:03 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be both, like the previous poster said pushing in a totally unnatural position can cause problems but its more likely that it was the epidural.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• IDK never heard something like that. I hope it is temporary!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• it's hard to tell but I know my back still hurts from were the needles went in, I had one of my babies almost 4 years ago and the other one 8 months ago, both spots hurt around the time of the month, but I do have to say if I had another baby I would get it again, I'm to much of a baby when it comes to pain
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It could be pushing (because doctors make women push in the most unnatural of positions) or it could be the epidural!
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 12:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009