How could you?

Puppies used as live bait

October 19, 2005—A veterinarian on the island of Réunion, just off the coast of Africa, prepares to remove a fishing hook from a pet dog's snout this past summer. The dog had escaped fishers who planned to use it as shark bait, according to the animal rights group that shot the video from which the image is taken.

Though apparently restricted to a few amateur fishers, the practice is now seen as a problem on the French-controlled island, which teems with stray dogs and cats. Local authorities this month fined a man for hooking a puppy, and the French government has issued a statement condemning the illegal practice.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1019_051019_dog_shark.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pets

• screamingOMG how could someone do that? that is so sad! and that beautiful dog too omg i cant believe someone would do this!

elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:04 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Dog Saved From Shark-Bait Fate

Photo: dog used as shark bait

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Looks like a doctored pic to me... just think, that hook where it's placed, as soon as the dog was thrown out... it would rip out... I don't doubt people would try it, but it isn't logical at all.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:31 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Looks like a doctored pic to me.

The picture above is posted @http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1019_051019_dog_shark.html

National Geographic I think is a reliable source.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Wow.......that is just awful! I don't even have the words.......
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 11:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• some people are really sick! shame on them.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009