What type(s) of birth control or baby spacing has worked best for you and why? What type(s) have you had bad experiences with?

Please share!

Bellarose0212

Asked by Bellarose0212 at 6:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Health

• NFP....Didn't work. have a kid from it.

Condom...Didn't work, have a kid from that, too. (used correctly and didn't break)

Abstinence....working great!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We use spermicide gel or I have taken the pill. The spermicide works well alone for us and we have used it for several years but it is recomended to use a condom with it. It is a little messy but it was cheaper than paying for my pills. I do like not have to stop in the middle of things when taking the pill though.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Oh yeah! And I HATE the spermicide film. It scratches and is hard to place. Sometimes you have to use more than one because it may not stay where you put it.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• When I turned 30, my blood pressure spiked from the pill.

The best contraception that I have ever used is a diaphram; it has no side effect, no hormones, it is instantly reversible, it does not have a history of PID, strokes, infertility or class action law suits.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have used the pill, depo shot, nuvaring, FAM, LAM, and IUD. The pill sucked to have to remember and hormones are not good for me. Depo was even worse and is beleived to have thrown my body completely out of whack and caused me huge problems by the doc, Nuvaring wasn't bad, but still hormones. FAM was a couple months before the wedding before we started TTC. LAM was more of a I was nursing and we wanted to let nature space the kids out how it saw fit. I am now on an IUD with no hormones because we are not sure we are done, but are sure no more for 5 years at least. We have 10 with this IUD though and at that point DH will get snipped.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• by IUD with no hormones do you mean the copper IUD? Why not FAM anymore? How did FAM and LAM go for you?
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 8:05 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• lol anon...
    we have always used condoms & i've only gotten pregnant the 2 times we were trying to get pregnant so i guess they work for us :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My IUD worked great! My daughter just turned two in May, and she is still an only. Now we are TTC.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 10:07 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Condoms failed, vasectomies failed, can't take the pill due to health issues. Never tried a diaphragm, but I do know my aunt got pregnant while using one. Only 1 of my 5 kids was actually sort of planned! Hubby's had a 2nd vas now, but I still think abstinence works best! (just can't get that failed vasectomy out of my mind.....) LOL
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Well, I duh abstinence works best, lol. I just don't think that is very realistic for most couples.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2009