Are the people who show up on Maury really like that, or is it all just an act to be on TV?

I flick around on the TV a lot. And every now and again i will stop on maury just to see the topic name. And usually its about people who cheated and taking paternity tests and such. And allllllll the guests look and act exactly the same.

Do you ever have any sympathy for his "guests"? What do you think of the show all together?

GrungeMum

Asked by GrungeMum at 9:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know, but they sure seem to be rather trashy. What kind of woman goes on TV and is having the 5th paternity test to find "her baby daddy"? Does it not bother her that the rest of the world now views her as the "world's biggest whore"?

confused

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think every time it comes on and I am in the room, I can actually hear my IQ drop points. Brain cells do not replace themselves, once they die that's it. Stay away from tabloid t.v. It is literally hazardous to your health!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:31 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It used to be genuine, but you can tell that it's scripted nowadays. I can't believe Maury Povich has stooped to the level of Jerry Springer! I wonder if Connie Chung (his wife) is embarrassed to be married to him???

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Its sad. I hate it so much. But its pure car-crash TV.

You shouldn't stop and look. But you do out of pure morbid curiosity.

I have noticed almost all the guests are vastly overweight and can't speak properly. Whats that about?
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 10:07 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• They are all dumb asses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think its staged, probably real problems with a few fakes put in plus over dramatized.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009