prenatal vitamins

i am thinking about buying the ones at walmart that come in the green bottle they are by spring valley. does anyone else take these? and if so do they make you sick? i heard some prenatals do and some dont. thank you....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i take the ones you described & they don't make me sick GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I was taking those and they made me sick. It may be different with different ppl but it did me. You could try them and see. The Dr told me I could take the kids gummy vitamins bc they have the same vitamins in them as prenantals do but check and make sure they have calcium in them and if not then get a calcium supplement back where the vitamins are at WalMart.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• They all make me sick. In the beginning I gook flinstones here and there (they even make me sick) but mainly I just watch what I eat. You get a lot of folic acid through greens and orange juice. My sil never took any either and we all have healthy kids. I don't get morning sickness and they still make me sick. I guess what I am saying is you just have to try for yourself and see how it goes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i do agree that some make you sick. I think it all depends, everyones body is diffrent. My friend is taking the generic brand from walmart and she said they make her really sick. I started taking the generic brand from walgreens and they made me sick. So, i switched to NatureMade i got them from target. They dont make me sick at all. Then again im 18 weeks and usually when your just starting out everything will make you sick. I dont know if you knew but if you take two flinstones they are like taking 1 prenatal and they shouldnt make you sick at all either. Like i said everyones body is diffrent though. Hope you find something that works for you. Also, if you take them at night it will also prevent you from getting sick as well.gl
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I found some at my doc's office that I loved but after I got pregnant they were nasty. When I took them they tasted like vanilla but they had DHA and fish oil in them so when I burped later in the day I burped up fish taste. That was just plain gross. Ever burp up something you know you didn't eat. Damn! So finally I just went with kids chewable gummy vitamins and I take 3-4 a day. I can stand gummy vitamins and they don't make me sick. Good luck to you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I took those, and they never made me sick. But the regular multi-vitamins did. It all depends on your body, what makes one person sick won't necessarily affect another the same way. The only way to find out is to take them and see.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2009