when calling the Dr's office with a worry, who do i ask for?

do i ask to speak with one of the nurses? i know the Dr probably wouldn't be available right away, but i know i want to speak with someone.

katvixenstar

Asked by katvixenstar at 9:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just tell them you need to talk to nurse. You have a question you need to ask.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Absolutely. Talk to a nurse and explain your situation. A nurse that works directly with your doctor will know their mannerisms and how that dr has handled previous cases like yours. She might be able to steer you in the right direction.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I ask for Dr so and sos nurse, IF it can wait I leave a voice mail. if not I ask to speak with another nurse.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I ask whoever answer. I have a question about my child, who would I need to speak to? sometiems they say hold and pass me to someone, and sometimes they take the question and relay to the doc and call back later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• The receptionist answers the phone at my daughter's doctor office and she takes a message and gives it to the nurse, the nurse will call back within 30 mins usually and depending on what it was she can answer it or she has already talked to the doctor by then. If I have to call afterhours, they have on call doctors and the answer service will answer and send the message to the on call doctor and he/she will call back within 1 hour.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2009