It's kind of a long situation, but could you do this to your kid?

I'm now 9 months pregnant and I just turned 23. I am engaged and was living on my own with my fiancee before this all happend. She's been pissed off ever since she found out I was preg., she feels she's to young to be a grandma. She's 39. To make a long story short, my fiancee was on probation for a DUI (I know what you may think, but wasn't actually driving). Well she called the police on him claiming he was violating his probation and they arrested him. Now he's sitting in jail until October and our son due any day. Her and i got into a huge arguement and she said she didnt want anything from me or anything to do with me, so i got back all the jewelery i bought her to help me take care of the baby since he's away. 2 months later she calls the police on me and is having chargers brought against me saying i stole it when she knew i had it. All because she's selfish doesnt want to be a grandma she wants me to loose the baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Move far far far away. You dont need that..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• let me see if i got this right?..
    you are 23 and she (your mom?) is 39
    ???
    your mom thinks you are too young to have baby
    if my math is right
    your mom was 16 when she had you
    and she thinks you are too young!

does she own a mirror
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Have you sat down with your MOM and tried to talk these issues out? There has to be more to it then, she does not want to be a grandma.

Answer by louise2 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We've tried talking it just end's up in an arguement. She admit's she's selfish and doesn't want the title of "grandma". She tried telling me that she didn't want me to make the same mistakes she did. But I'm not 16. I've graduated tech school to become a Medical Assistant, we had our own place, we were suppose to be getting married next month, and planned to have this baby. I'm nothing like my mother I don't sleep around and drink all the time. I want a family and a future. I don't feel like I'm having a child to early and that I'm missing anything in my life when this is what I want.
    snjbjac

Answer by snjbjac at 9:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Sorry but I think you are more mature than your Mom, and I think you ought to stop talking to her and take care of yourself your baby and bf
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 11:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I can relate a little to your mother because she only wants what is best for you. Without knowing the whole history, your bf has a dui, how responsible can he be? He is in jail, right? As a mother myself, I would want the best for my child, rather she graduated tech school or not, I would want her to be stable having a child...and with that stability a good man to help take care of her...

As far as your mother not wanting to be a grandma because she's too young, then she should've thought about that when she had you at 16....Life is too short to have this type of drama going on and hopefully one day neither one of you will have regrets
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Oh I would be mad that she called the cops on him.
    Anonymous

• "let me see if i got this right?..
    you are 23 and she (your mom?) is 39
    ???
    if my math is right
    your mom was 16 when she had you
    and she thinks you are too young!

does she own a mirror "

Maybe she didn't want her daughter making the same mistakes she did.. that is probably why she said that (Just playing devils advocate here... I had my son at 17 and you damn well bet I will be telling my kids not to have children young because I know how hard it is.)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My mother had me at 17, and truly believes that she was more mature at 17 than I am at 48. She doesn't always see herself as she is. I don't know exactly what happened with the jewelry...if she said you could have it back, or if you told her you were taking it......to be honest it really doesn't make a difference.

My only thought as to why a loving mother would call the police on her daughter's fiance is if she thought you were in some kind of danger.....but that doesn't explain why she would call the police on you over the jewelry. Your fiance shouldn't be in jail until October though, unless this isn't his first offense. It seems there's a lot going on in this situation.

I hope you are able to get through this rough period and just enjoy your new baby. Good luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:39 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Cut all ties with your mother immediately. Do not let her have any information at all about the baby. She sounds horrible and I feel sorry for you. I have a mother like that. She feels that she has to make it known to anyone who will listen that I am "mentally ill" (depression which was caused by child abuse compliments of her and my father, mind you...) unstable and need to be hospitalized even when there are no current active symptoms.

When I stopped having contact with her my depression lifted and although it still tries to creep back sometimes I am much better without that stress and source of hate in my life. Judgmental, racist, and just plain mean. But to others she comes across as a wonderfully loving mother.

What a crock.

Cut the ties with that woman and don't give her another thought. Don't make the same mistake I did by keep trying. It will only make more pain for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2009