does THIS change your opinion on the health care reform?

Many men and women will lose their jobs if there is no private party insurance. My husband is one of them. There are so many jobs in insurance from agents, to technical staff and beyond. These families (including mine) will have no income, how are we supposed to put food on our table if Obama is taking away our jobs?

At least I'll get "free" health care... Oh wait... That's coming out of our taxes and will cost us more than what we are paying now for our own plan.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• IMO, no matter how he words it, Obama is using the tax payers to fund whatever he wants and not taxing those that make way more than the rest of us. Nothing that man does surprises me anymore. I'm wondering when America will get tired of it. I was tired of it after January.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• get your own question! LOL...You stole my question....Good for you
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• the people who support this are not really capable of thinking thru all the economic implications. Fortunately we have the blue dogs who are. The best that is going to happen is opening up medicaid and medicare for a few of the uninsured and the reps plans. Obamacare is not going to happen.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:57 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Aren't you glad?!!!!!!!!!

SOMETHING needs to be done about the current state of healthcare in this country, including the cost of health insurance.

But I am glad that Mr. Obama is having such a difficult time and hopefully now sees that America doesn't really want to be Socialist!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• GOP Rep. Roy Blunt has now said Republicans won’t offer a health care bill of their own, breaking a previous promise. Worse, it turns out Blunt is chair of something called the “House GOP Health Care Solutions Group.”

Blunt’s quote went up online late yesterday evening:

“Our bill is never going to get to the floor, so why confuse the focus? We clearly have principles; we could have language, but why start diverting attention from this really bad piece of work they’ve got to whatever we’re offering right now?”

That’s a pretty stark admission that Republicans won’t introduce their own bill solely because they think it’s better politics to keep the focus on the Democrats.

It gets better. Head over to the House GOP Health Care Solutions Group’s Web site, and you’ll find prominent video of Blunt vowing the GOP is “drafting our own legislation
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• MustbeGrace, I'm not glad that my husband as well as millions of others will lose their jobs, especially in an economy where there are no jobs to be had. Sorry if I don't jump for joy with you.

With UHC the cost of health insurance will actually go up for those that pay taxes, and for small businesses, so his plan is not helping whatsoever. It's making things worse. Much worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• sweet-a-kins, what's your point?? I'm not even talking about that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• This is all part of Obama's plan to create jobs. Let's create jobs by passing a law that prohibits a private industry from recruiting new business. Provision 102 of the bill, which he doesn't even know about, prohibits a person from taking private insurance if they are a new hire, if they leave a job and can't take their insurance with them, or if they choose to buy insurance on their own. They are required by the bill to take the government insurance. In short, he is nationalizing the health insurance industry without doing a take-over. He is just putting them out of business. I guess our homeowners and auto is next. Provided we are allowed to own a home or a car. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVjc9mopH58

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My husband has already lost his job and so we will have no insurance as of August 1. Obama is trying to reform a broken system, those who appose him are wealthy lobbyists who do not have the welfare of the middle class as their goal. I want reform, I would like to be able to buy affordable insurance in the event of a job loss. I think that is what Obama is trying to do. This is critical for our economy and the middle class.
    tpickle

Answer by tpickle at 10:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I've been saying this from the start. The replies usually state that insurance companies outsource most of the jobs to other countries anyway. I'm sorry this is more worrying for you than it is even for the rest of us.

I'll write my congressmen an extra time this week in your honor.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2009