POTTY TRAINING

HI ALL!

I'VE STARTED POTTY TRAINING MY DAUGHTER WHO'S 2.IN THE BEGINING SHE WAS OK AND IT WAS GOING WELL WE'VE SINCE THEN HIT A BRICK WALL.SHE DOESN'T WANT TO WEAR A DIAPER BUT REFUSES TO USE THE POTTY.SHE'LL BE WITHOUT A DIAPER FOR ABOUT AN HOUR OR TWO THEN WHEN SHE NEEDS TO GO SHE WANTS A DIAPER.MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I HIDE HER DIA0PERS AND JUST LET HER DO IT ON THE FLOOR OR IN HER PANTIES UNTILL SHE GETS THE IDEA.

I'D REALLY LIKE HER TO FINISH USING DIAPERS AS I'M EXPECTING #2 ANY DAY NOW AND TO START BUYING 2 SIZES ISN'T REALLY CHEAP.SHE'LL PLAY WITH THE POTTY AND WILL SIT ON IT BUT REFUSES PLAIN BLANK TO GO IN THE POTTY.OR IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS OR TIPS I'D APPRECIATE IT.

THANX IN ADVANCE.

greenmaniac

Asked by greenmaniac at 9:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when she asks for a diaper, i'd put her on the potty & not let her get up until she pees and if she peed in the floor or her panties, i'd spank her, not saying you have a bad kid, but she knows better if she's asking for a diaper to pee in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Whatever you do, dont let someone tell you to try pull-ups, they might as well just be diapers! My daughter started potty training when she was 2 and is JUST now completly potty trained and she is 3! It was a LONG, hard process but very rewarding at the end. When she finds more intrest in the potty only put underwear on her, no more diapers. I know what you mean about 2 kids in diapers, I have a 13 month old and expecting our 4th in December! The biggest key is patience and consistancy. I dont know if this will help you but I noticed (after my daughter was potty trained of corse) WalMart has an alarm watch to set for each time to remind her to go to the potty. Of corse you can set your own alarm on a clock or your cell but this way it encourages her too, makes her feel like she has a responsibility. Everyone has told me that boys are harder to potty train, that wasnt my case! Every child is different! Good Luck!!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 10:03 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Make her a chart and get some really fun stickers. Every time she goes to the potty and uses it let her put a sticker on the chart and when she get 2 give her a little prize. Then move it up to 3 then 4 and so on. It worked with my daughters. Get a theme of something she really likes. I was doing the 2 sizes and it gets crazy. I also let my second daughter empty the potty and flush it too. She would say bye bye pee pee. LOL Also ask her to go to the bathroom when you need to and that should help!
    Good Luck hope this works for you.
    kiddycattg03

Answer by kiddycattg03 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Do you have a potty chair? This may sound odd, and I haven't tried it but it might work.

When she asks for the diaper, put the diaper in the bowl opened up so she can pee on the absorabant part. Then set her on the potty and make it a game to try to pee pee on the diaper. Then if she gets used ot that you can start taking out the diaper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2009