• In the Spotlight:

mucus plug

i'm slowly losing mine & i'm 2 cm dilated... how soon can i expect my baby?

NO BASHING

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its hard to tell, mucus rebuilds itself to help protect agains infection. Just take it easy, everyones body is different and you may not go into labor for weeks. Good luck!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 9:57 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I never lost mine so i cant tell you my personal experience but my best friend definitly made it appoint to tell me when she lost hers the day she lost it. It came out little by little with in a two day time span. The second day when she lost a huge piece gross i know she went into labor. My mother lost hers in one day and went into labor an hour later. It all depends on your body hun. Gl
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I lost mine at about 6weeks before labour for all three of my pregnancies. I don't know how much I was dialated for the first 2 my OB didn't believe in internal exams if they weren't necessary. #3 though I know I was dialated 3cm for the last 6 weeks.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• No bashing...ummm I don't know how long it takes from the time of losing the mucous plug to the time labor onsets. I think there is no specific time correlation because each woman's labor and experience is different.

How far along are you? I sat at a tight 3cm for weeks and was termed failure to progress when I was induced at 37.5 weeks.
    Are you walking? Walking helps to progress your labor, it eases the baby's head into the canal with your natural movements. Are you having contractions? Are you timing them? If so and they are less than 5 minutes apart and increasing in strength then I would hazard a guess that you are close. Keep drinking water, lots of walking and keep us posted Mommy. Good Luck to you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I lost mine the night before I had my 2nd daughter. I guess it is different with everyone. If you are due soon then it shouldn't be long!
    Congratulations!!!
    kiddycattg03

Answer by kiddycattg03 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• With my first, I lost my plug at 36 or 37 weeks, and no labor by my scheduled C-section at 39 weeks 2 days. Wtih my second, I lost my plug at 39 weeks 5 days and went into labor the next day, had her at 40 weeks. So no telling.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I started loosing my mucus plug at 30 weeks, didnt have her till I was 38 weeks when my water broke at work. It regrows.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• thanks everyone, i'm clueless LOL
    Anonymous