what are the reasons for a late period

My cycle is usually on target however Iam 5 days light and comes and goes a little if that makes since

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Stress, diet change, excersise, there are a number of things that could go along with this, have you tested yet or is it still to early for that? i would google the question and see what you come up with, if not call your OB office and ask them they will tell you, GOOD LUCK
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• One common reason is that you didn't ovulate this month. This can make you 2-3 weeks late. This is why many doctors say that you are not really "late" until two weeks after your period due date.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• A couple of years ago I missed my Dec period. That was the first time that has ever happened to me. I was scared but knew that I wasn't PG as my DH was fixed. I went to the DR and he said I was under too much stress and it will return to normal once my body settles down.
    Our bodies are very sensitive we might not think we are under stress but our body will react.
    Good luck to you and keep us posted!!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 8:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009