Why do men take so long on the "throne"?

My guy takes at least 20-30 minutes while taking a dump in the restroom. He even takes a magazine with him. Why is this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol idk i think my dh takes so long b/c he'll sit & push out a turd where as when i go, i'm too impatient to sit & push lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think its in their blood I dont know how you can sit and smell your ass for 30 min and read a book I walk in after him sometimes and want to die lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• IDK. I have the same problem. It's a man thing. I just go in and right back out, I mean it's not that hard guys. LOL. I asked him one day can't you smell? LOL Maybe this is a pyramid type question, we may never know the answer!
    kiddycattg03

Answer by kiddycattg03 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• be patient he is reading the instructions

i believe that hidden in the magazine is the instructions on how to replace the tp roll when empty, and they are studying this. You may be surprised in a year or two (if he is a bright one) and some day you may find a new fresh roll on the despenser
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I agree with the above. I think it's a man thing. My husband is sometimes in there for 45 minutes. He says he plays solitaire so that he can make sure that it all comes out. I don't get it. I couldn't sit in the bathroom with that smell for that long. Just walking in there when he's done makes me gag!
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• that's their "meditation" time! They figure out the answers to all life's problems there so don't rush him!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my ex used to do this, i would yell at him & say "Your not even crapping anymore, why are you still sitting there" and he would say "because I'm reading" how gross is that? You can;t flush the toilet & finish your chapter in another room? Oh, how irritated this would make me. My fiance is not this way. He does his business & gets the hell outta there. 10 min. TOPS.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• LOL, I don't know either. My DH does this too, haha. We have 2 full bathrooms and we use the guest one to do our "business" since our child is only 14 months. We have some magazines next to the toilet. I actually like reading something while I'm in there, but I don't linger reading an article. I don't want to sit in the smell!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• LOL I thought my man was weird makes me fill better knowing others have this situation as well
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2009