anyone heard about this yet?

NEWARK, N.J. – The mayors of two New Jersey cities and a state legislator are under arrest Thursday as part of a major corruption and international money laundering conspiracy probe.

Federal prosecutors say about 30 people have been arrested in the two-track investigation. They include Assemblyman Daniel Van Pelt, Hoboken Mayor Peter Cammarano III and Secaucus Mayor Dennis Elwell. Federal prosecutors say several rabbis in New York and New Jersey are also arrested.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ha, that doesnt suprize me. Look at the economy, people will try to get away with anything....and these are people we are suppost to trust? Not good.....
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 10:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Since you're posting this, I'm certain these people that were indicted are all REPUBLICANS?! If so, then GOOD RIDDANCE!!! There are bad seeds in every bunch, and if they are found to be corrupt, then adios!

Just more of why I left the Republican party and switched to Independent! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Well that shows what happens when YOU assume Lori, they are democrats
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:23 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Not all!!!

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=274

Looks like it was a bipartisan effort! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• New Joisy is almost as corrupt as Illinois so the fact that it is happening there is no surprise to me.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Looks like it was a bipartisan effort! LOL

I accept your non-communicated apology for assuming I am a blind follower and only hate republicans....LOL
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• NJ and IL are almost as corrupt as Detroit.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Selling HUMAN ORGANS!!! is one of the things are alleged

and International money laundering

GOOD GRIEF!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Nice!!! Just goes to show, you can't trust anyone, ever. What a damn shame! I wish my kids were older, just so they wouldn't have to endure a long life of this insanity, and when the world blows to shit, they will have lived their lives. It's too bad they won't have a fair government in their lifetime. I cry and pray for them everyday. What a shitty world.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

Corruption in government isn't new

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2009