My 6 month old son just started eatting jar food and he LOVES fruits but he hates

veggeys! anyone eles going through this?

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that why most dr say to start the veggies first cause fruits are sweeter and better tasting BUT try putting alittle banana or pears in some peas or carrots... it'll be alittle sweet but they'll still get the veggies... :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• lol mine was the opposite she hated fruits and loves her veggies. you have to trick them like the PP said and mix a little of both on the spoon.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I agree. Mix the two and don't stop offering. And if you keep offering they eventually will like it (for the most part). Ive read it can take up to 20 times after you initially offer it until the kid eats it well. My DD HATED jarred green beans (and I hated mushing em, we did homemade baby food as much as possible, and doing the green beans was horrible). But I kept offering them. She prefers them whole over that mushed up junk lol
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Or try ACTUAL vegetables, not the pureed stuff. Have you tasted them? GROSS! Steam up some zucchini, peel it and cut it into pea sized pieces. Or even puree it yourself. It'll taste better!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009