I know its july but....

I really don't have alot of money for Christmas this year, so I'm wondering if anyone can give me some really good ideas of presents I can make everyone. Like if I start now I can have them all done by Christmas time. Something that doesn't cost a ton would be my best bet! But something that I can buy the materials I need like once a pay check until they are all done. If I'm even making any sense? haha.
Thank you!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• candles
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• OP here...How do you make candles???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• there's lots of stuff to make, I try to buy one present each pay period throughout the year (stuff on clearance I think people will like and then I put a sticky on it and enter it into a spreadsheet so I know what I bought for who).... however many years I make stuff for people as well. For kids, boys and girls under age about 8 or 9, you could make scarfs, buy some no sew fleece, cut to length you like (I think I bought 3/4 yard and just cut it in half lengthwise so it makes two scarfs), cut the ends using scissors about 1 1/2 inches in every 2 inches or so, tie together and you're done, each scarf ended up costing me about $2.00. I've also made solid perfume (found directions online) for the ladies/teens, for the guys you can make mashmellow guns, if you have a cricut (or know someone who does) you can make vinyl stickers ofr their favorite NFL teams, nascar drivers etc.... PM me if you need more ideas
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• For grandparents etc you can make a dvd of pics of your kids set to music.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Cookie mix and hot chocolate in a jar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You could always scrapbook for some of your family members. Alot of the stuff you buy, if you ration it can make a few books. It can get a little expensive, but for a few hundred dollars you should be able to put together a few books.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• scrapbooks with your favorite pictures and notes written inside, picture dvd's, if you are a knitter- socks, mittens, hats, scarves. My grandma used to crochet doilies and all of us granddaughters would beg her for them, or what about a crochet afghan? My mil is a quilter and gives quilts.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Me again, thought of a few other things I've made/put together.... movie bowls, buy roll of tickets from walmart (about $3), start pushing the tickets in the middle to make a bowl, once in a bowl shape, modge podge the whole thing let dry, put in a favorite movie (buy it used!), a couple boxes of family sized candy and a bag or two of microwave popcorn, total cost (did this last year around $8), and sent as a family gift. Along the same lines create a food gift basket, bake lots of goodies, cookies, fudge, etc.... divide among several baskets, make chocolate spoons, flavored coffee mixes, put those in the basket as well. Total cost (a few years ago) around $6/basket again sent as a family gift.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2009