UPDATE: Okay I need some tips ladies!!

To make a long storie short:
I took my son today for his 6 month check-up and his pedi asked me how long does he sleep at night b4 he wakes up I said he started waking up every 3hr again b4 he woke up every 5hr, so she said when he wakes up DONT feed him!!
omg what am I goin to do?
he cries his eyes out..so just let him cry it out..
umm he shares a room with my other son..but anyways
can anyone help me by telling me what can I do?
I dont wanna pick him up everytime cuz he will get used to it..
or has anyone had to go through this??

**Okay so my son woke up I let him cry for a good 10min then I gave in ={
I gave him a 20z bottel..
ugh this is not goin to be harder then I thought.**

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• FEED THE BABY IF HE IS HUNGRY!! your doc is a quack
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• 2 oz? How much does he eat before bed? Any foods yet? Maybe a good meal before bed will hold him over longer. I wouldn't let him cry too long as he could be having a growth spurt and need the food. Did you doc sya *why*?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yah feed the baby. My DD stopped waking to nurse at 19 mos. At that point it was just for comfort and only took a few mins, but she nursed because she was truly hungry until she was about a year.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• If he's actually hungry when he wakes up, go ahead and feed him. If he doesn't seem to be hungry, just wants the comfort of sucking on the bottle, you might try offering a pacifier instead. That's what did it for my son, and he started sleeping 12 hours.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• feed him! he might be about to have a growth spurt or something and in need of the nourishment!
    kttycat84

Answer by kttycat84 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Momma if it doesn't feel right to you then don't do it. I am always amazed by docotors telling mom's that a baby under a year old should be sleeping through the night, and to cut out night feedings. They are growing at an amazing rate and usually need the nourishment.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• feed him!

from experience when they wake as babies (before 12ish months) its because they're hungry and need more!

if advice feels wrong to you....don't do it! follow your instincts.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• its VERY hard. Luckily, the only thing that made it easier for me is my son had colic so bad that I was used to crying by the time I let him cry it out
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• she said that he should only be eatting 4 times a day
    no he is not over weight he is 19lbs..
    and she said feed him more before at night
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Just my opinion, of course, but a 6 month old child chould be able to sleep through the night. If you are concerned about spoiling him by picking him up everytime, then don't do it. It might be hard, but if you really want him to go back to sleep on his own, then, let him fuss for a while. If you think he is having a growth spurt, then make sure his tummy is full before you put him down, but he should sleep through the night anyway. A well rested baby is a happy baby...and the same is true for the mama : ) Good luck, I know it's hard, but sometimes being a parent means making difficult deisions and sticking with them. Hope all goes well for you!
    Blessings,
    Kristy
    babygirl96

Answer by babygirl96 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009