fevers?

what temperature is a fever for a two year old ? like one that warrants a call to the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• anything over 100
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• 102, is what my dr. considers ok for calling. Kids actually handle fever better than adults do. 102 fever is not as bad in a child as it is in an adult.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:35 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Caopy and paste this link it will tell you...too much for me to paste here...........

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_high_of_a_fever_is_too_high_for_a_two_year_old
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Anytime you are concerned you should call, but generally pediatricians are not concerned (in my experience) until the temperature is over 102 or until they've had a fever for more than a couple of days (even if it's less than 102).

They are also concerned when there seems to be no particular cause of the fever.
    MomP31

Answer by MomP31 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Anything over 101.5. But if your child has a lower fever and is acting unlike themselves, has a rash, congestion, etc. A trip to the doctor is warranted. Just a fever is not necessarily a bad thing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It depends on the child's behavior.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• When you give you child tylenol and it doesn't bring it down at least a point, call to talk to a nurse at the office. Anything over 102 that doesn't seem to come down with warm baths and tylenol/motrin. And if it's been a couple of days that your child is running a fever. If your child seems different then always call, if not you might want to let it ride out. My son had a fever of 105 for 5 days. I brought him in after two days and once the fever wouldn't come down a point. They checked him out and sent him home telling me to come back if it didn't go away within 5 days or if his behavior changed. Generally your child's actions will tell you a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• well my daughter is acting like her self. nothing new nothing unusal, she hasnt had a fever in forever i really honestly cant remember the last time she had a fever, and she was 100.7 earlier and i got worried, i just didnt remember how high it was that the doctors would want to see her. but thanks ladies for all the helpful advice....i guess ill just wait and treat it here unless it goes up or other symptoms appear. again thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• and i just checked it again and it went down to 99.8 with no meds....so....i dont know how high should i let it get before i give her meds to treat it...i know its going down on its own but if it goes back up how high?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have never heard of any doctors office telling you to call them at 100!!

I would give tylenol if it hits 100.5 and see if it drops, if it doesnt, give motrin 2 hours later (its stronger and should definitely drop it)

Fever's usually raise in the evening, so just be prepared!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009