can you machine wash a Boppy pillow?

i have a Boppy pillow, but there's no tag for washing instructions. is it ok to just throw in the washing machine? i have an older one, not a newer front loader, so i figured it might be fine to just stick the pillow in there around that middle piece thingy... and if so, can you also put it in the dryer, or would it be best to hang it up outside?

MaMaLaLa369

Asked by MaMaLaLa369 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I believe you can just throw it in the washer. I think I washed my daughter's when she was younger but that was four years ago. They also make boppy covers you can buy separately.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I washed mine no problems
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I washed mine but I used a FL on delicate. The tag says that it can be washed but when you dry it you need to add balls so that they can beat out the pillow and make it fluffy. I have laundry balls so it was no problem for me but if you don't have them you may want to get them or just two tennis balls.
    SxdUpAngel

Answer by SxdUpAngel at 11:35 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• thanks! i do have covers, but the Boppy was given to me and is probably 4-5 years old. it really should be washed! good idea about the tennis balls, Angel- i had no idea they'd help with keeping it fluffy! now i can get one more nesting thing out of the way today...
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• How do I clean my Boppy® pillow?

Most Boppy products are machine washable and dryable. Wash your Boppy pillow in cold water on the delicate cycle by itself. Dry your Boppy pillow on low heat. We also recommend throwing a sneaker or tennis ball (wrapped in a pillow case) in the dryer to help the Boppy pillow keep its shape

STRAIGHT OFF THE WEBSITE!! GOOD LUCK MAMA!!
    leilanismama123

Answer by leilanismama123 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• thanks! i did wash it yesterday and dried it with the tennis ball- but i didn't wrap the ball in a pillow case. it did fine though! and the boppy is nice and fluffy! what's going to be fun today is washing the crib bumper pad...
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2009