If i am 5 months pregnant can i go to a waterpark and go on the rides?

I know you do most of them laying on your back, but is it bad for baby?

ClvDandJ

Asked by ClvDandJ at 10:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol i would like to know this answer too..im five months as well and would love to know if its safe to go to a waterpark. I was going to ask my doctor next week but since i found this question i figure i would read others peoples opinions.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'm pretty sure that most amusement parks in general recommend that pregnant women do not ride the rides. I would ask you doctor about what rides are okay and what are not.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 10:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I had a friend that did it...but she is a bigger girl and the staff probably could not tell she was 5 months pregnant. Anyway, she went to Disneyland and someone over heard her saying that she was pregnant so they told her she could not ride the tea cups. It's a liability thing. They have to pay for insurance and if they allow "dangerous" things...like pregnant women on rides/water slides their insurance company would probably freak out and increase their rates.
    hopinforanother

Answer by hopinforanother at 10:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'm also 5 months and we are planning on going to a resort in two weeks. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you don't go on any that are too steep or will throw you around. When I was pregnant with my daughter we would go to our local waterpark and would go on all the slides except The Plunge, 300 ft straight down is a big no no!( lol) I had no pregnancy complications with her or this one either. Call your doctor or nurse if you don't have a doctors appoinment coming up soon just to make sure.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'm 4 months pregnant and just got back from the water park on Monday. I don't like heights so the large slides are out of the question anyway for me. I did get in the wave pool on an innertube and floated in the lazy river on the tube as well. Best 30 minute nap I could get before the kids started bugging each other around me.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i just went to a waterpark /hotel resort thing and all the rides said no pregnant women or people with bad backs can ride but that was like when i was 34-35weeks pregnant at the beginning of june
    Anonymous