What do you make of this:?

Last night around 7 I had the worst cramps in the mid section between my belly button and my ribs. Im 18 weeks pregnant. Well I was asleep and I was woken up by these cramps again around midnight, as soon as I got up and walked around they went away. Could this just be gas or a regular pregnancy pain... Or maybe something I should call my doc about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be your uterus stretching and growing.

If you have some concerns I would call your doctor's office and talk to someone.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 11:05 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I just asked my dr. a similar question yesterday and she told me it is probably a small intestine issue. Since the bowels are slowing down it could just be that it is gas or trying to digest food.
    I'm only 11 weeks preg. though and mine weren't that painful. But you could call your dr. just to check it out.
    RaRa921

Answer by RaRa921 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Read up on braxton hicks. if anything were wrong probably would have nonstop pain literally plus bleeding or spotting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i had those issues about then, round ligament and normal pregnancy pains is what I was told they were!

Ask your dr just to double check though!
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 11:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I had the same exact thing at 18 weeks. I talked to my doctor and he said it's completely normal. Just round ligament pain and probably some gas. I know it feels scary, I thought something was seriously wrong. Don't worry though! Everything is fine! Congrats and good luck :D
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009